This is a preliminary meeting with the Regional Scientific and Technical Advisory Group. During a four-hour meeting the members will present the achievements of the RSTAG, as well as looking at the research focus for the following two years.
Background and context
Since the central theme of the VIII Regional Platform is on Science and Technology, the precursor event will highlight the integration of science and technology in DRR in the region.
Overall, the objective of this session is to strengthen the regional scientific and technical advisory group and establish clear research path and scientific development for DRR in the Americas and the Caribbean.
- Overview of the developments of the RSTAG
- Presentation of the subgroups achievements and developments.
- Presentation of the ResilienceTech22 Competition.
- Review of the RP23 to highlight the integration of S&T and participation of the members.
Questions that the session will seek to answer
- What are the next steps in strengthening the RSTAG?
- What is the research focus for 2023 and 2024?
- How can we further integrate technology in the RSTAG?
27 Feb 2023
13:00 - 17:00 (-03-03)
InterpretationEN, PT, ES
Mayleen Cabral UNDRR